Legal Counsel (3+ PQE)
We are Two Circles, the four-time Sport Industry Agency of the Year and a back-to-back member of The Sunday Times 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies. We are a sports marketing, data and technology company.
We work with the biggest sporting organisations, brands and individuals across the industry, including the Premier League, NFL, ECB, F1, UEFA and Wimbledon. Working as an extension of their commercial teams, we help them grow direct relationships with fans to drive business growth.
Data is at the centre of our approach. It starts with helping clients to get a better understanding of their customers and fans, and deliver insights that influence top-level decision-making. From there, we develop and integrate data technology solutions that harness the latest in data visualisation and machine-learning, create award-winning content to grow audiences, and provide digital marketing and rights-sales services that grow revenue across ticketing, premium, sponsorship and media.
Our creative approach and innovative ideas stand us out from the crowd. In doing so, we break down the traditional barriers between sporting organisations and their customers.
We currently have a growing team of over 500 Two Circlers based in the UK, across Europe, North America and Australia.
Our Legal Team plays a key role in this fast-paced, high-growth and entrepreneurial organisation at the heart of the sports industry, enabling the business across all clients, teams and geographies. This hire of a Legal Counsel (ideally 3+ PQE) is a new, additional role that provides significant scope for career growth and personal development, with every day providing new opportunities to have a direct impact on cutting-edge sports and technology matters and be a key stakeholder in the continuing growth of Two Circles.
- Providing a broad range of valuable legal advice, with a particular focus on drafting and negotiating the agency’s commercial contracts across the business
- Developing wide expertise as a generalist in-house counsel and advising colleagues across other areas of law as required (including commercial contracts, data protection, IP, corporate, employment and regulatory) – we don’t expect you to be an expert in all these areas but an ambition to broaden your experience will be crucial
- Leading impactful business change programmes such as innovative implementation of legal tech as Two Circles continues to scale globally
- 3+ PQE of legal experience (applications outside of this PQE range may also be considered) either in-house or private practice in relevant “transactional legal team” (such as a commercial, corporate, IP or technology/TMT team)
- Qualified to practice law in England and Wales or other appropriate jurisdiction (having trained and qualified at a leading City or international firm)
- Previous sports law or sports/media industry experience is not compulsory, but a passion for sport, strong understanding of the business of sport, the various structures and stakeholders within the industry, and a real ambition to build a long-term career within sport are crucial
- Experience working in-house (including on secondment) or advising high-growth technology companies and a desire to take a hands-on approach for developing the business from within
- International legal experience in the US, Australia or mainland Europe and/or foreign language ability (French, Spanish or German) to a working professional standard would be a plus but is not essential